As a first-line manager, you will be actively involved in the processes of making decisions and solving problems. Certainly becoming adept in the processes is a sure way to increase efficiency and effectiveness of both yourself and of your workplace. What is for certain is that in organizations, people that solve problems and consistently make good decisions do well! Much of your success in solving problems and making decisions is about the proper application of tools and techniques. This Workbook will examine the tools and techniques required and present opportunities for you to practice the necessary skills in your workplace.
- Experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization.
- Candidates who will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
- Individuals who have management responsibilities but no formal training, and are serious about developing their abilities.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Know how to describe a problem, its nature, scope and impact.
- Know how to gather and interpret information to solve a problem.
- Know how to evaluate options to make a decision.
- Know how to plan, monitor and review the implementation and communication of decisions.
- Pre and Post training test to measure knowledge and learning levels
- Engage trainees in exercises and group activities
- Evaluation form to be filled by trainees
- Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish
- Definitions: Problems and Decisions
- Recognizing Problems
- Problem Solving Approaches
- Root Cause Analysis – Rational Problem Solving
- Analyzing the Problem Situation
- Identifying and Evaluating Options
- Methods of Making Decisions
- Participative/Group Decision-Making
- Presentation of a Case – Recommending Solutions
- Dealing with Data and Information
- Charts and Diagrams
- Implementation of Decisions – Action Planning and Scheduling Work
- Creative Problem Solving
- The Process of Creativity and Innovation for Problem-Solving
- Tools and Techniques for Creative Problem Solving
- Planning and Monitoring Techniques
- Communicating Decisions