This is workshop for those who already are good business writers. Most of our time is devoted to writing letters of recommendation, persuasion, refusal or action, that reflect current word usage and up-to-date formats.
All individuals with responsibilities requiring extensive business writing in the form of emails, memos and letters.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Make their written messages clear, complete, concise and correct.
- Use rules for organizing content in a clear and concise manner.
- Apply advanced structuring techniques in writing that yields a desirable response.
- Identify and talk to their reader’s interest.
- Set clear objectives for their writing.
- Tailor documents and emails to their audiences for maximum impact.
- Improve sentence construction and paragraph development.
- Pre and Post training test to measure knowledge and learning levels
- Engage trainees in exercises and group activities
- Evaluation form to be filled by trainees
- The four C’s: clear, concise, complete, and correct
- Elements of written communication
- Understanding your audience
- Structuring ideas
- Word agreement
- Recognizing cliché and jargon
- Formal and Informal writing style
- Active and passive voice
- Sentences and sentence types
- Manners and courtesy in writing
- Practical and inclusive language
- Sentence construction and punctuation
- Using varied sentences
- Using positive language
- Writing business letters, memos, and e-mails
- Spelling and proofreading
- Tips for effective business writing
- Commonly used email phrases
- Reviewing your writing