The purpose of mentoring is to tap into the existing knowledge, skills, and experience of high performing employees and transfer these skills to newer or less experienced employees in order to advance their careers. Mentoring goes a long way in developing positive connections between co-workers, which will have a positive impact on the rest of the organization. The influence that a mentee can have on those around them can help bring a more positive atmosphere to the workplace.
This workshop is suitable for anyone who is novice to mentoring or who wishes to enhance their mentoring skills. The course is suitable for first-time mentors as well as those who already have some mentoring experience.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define Mentoring & understand the role of the mentor and the parameters of mentoring.
- Establish a mentoring relationship and set appropriate ground rules.
- Plan and structure mentoring sessions & identify Core Mentoring Skills.
- Manage mentoring sessions & learn and practice key mentoring skills.
- Assess and respond to individual mentoring needs.
- Work with different learning and engagement styles & deal with common mentoring challenges.
- Pre and Post training test to measure knowledge and learning levels.
- Engage trainees in exercises and group activities.
- Evaluation form to be filled by trainees.
- After a month of the workshop, participants will be observed doing mentoring sessions with their mentees.
- After the observation, Mentors will be coached on their mentoring performance.
- What is Mentoring?
- What does the mentor do?
- Parameters of Mentoring.
- Establishing a mentoring relationship with the mentee.
- Understanding the four different personalities of Mentees.
- Core mentoring Skills.
- Planning and Structuring mentoring Sessions.
- Manage mentoring sessions.
- Ending mentoring relationship.
- Individual Mentoring needs.
- Learning and engagement styles of Mentees.
- Setting mentoring goals.
- Setting action plans.
- Common mentoring Challenges.
- Assessing the effectiveness of the Mentoring relationship.