Leadership and management are often talked about in ways that suggest the 2 skills are interchangeable. This course will enable you to explore what leadership is and learn how the skills of leadership can significantly improve your skills as a manager.
- Experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization.
- Candidates who will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
- Individuals who have management responsibilities but no formal training, and are serious about developing their abilities.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand leadership styles.
- Understand leadership qualities and review own leadership qualities and potential.
- Describe the factors that will influence the choice of leadership styles or behaviours in workplace situations.
- Assess own leadership behaviours and potential in the context of a particular leadership model and own organisation’s working practices and culture, using feedback from others.
- Describe appropriate actions to enhance own leadership behaviour in the context of the particular leadership model.
- Pre and Post training test to measure knowledge and learning levels
- Engage trainees in exercises and group activities
- Evaluation form to be filled by trainees
- Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
- Understanding the difference between Leadership and Management.
- Leadership Authority.
- Leadership Theories:
- Trait Theories.
- Behavioral Theories.
- Contingency Theories.
- Transformational Theories.
- Leadership Styles and Culture.
- Leading Teams.
- Personal Development Planning.