This course introduce you to the challenges associated with diversity in the workplace. Key issues are examined that will enable you to understand some of the complexities relating to diversity in the workplace which will help you deal with this important element of your role.
- Managers who need to lead people though organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.
- Who particularly support practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management.
- Individuals who have management responsibilities but no formal training, and are serious about developing their abilities.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Outline the organisational policy on Equality and Diversity in the workplace.
- Explain how a team leader can promote equality and diversity in the team.
- State the organisation’s referral process for dealing with inappropriate behaviour that is beyond the team leader’s authority.
- Explain the possible implications for a team leader in dealing with a clash between individual values and organisational expectations.
- Pre and Post training test to measure knowledge and learning levels
- Engage trainees in exercises and group activities
- Evaluation form to be filled by trainees
- Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
- Basics of Legislation Relating to Diversity.
- Protected Characteristics.
- Public Sector Equality Duty.
- Values and Beliefs.
- Establishing your Values.
- Organizational Values.
- Clashes Between Individual Values and Organizational Expectations.
- Challenging and Dealing with Inappropriate Behaviour.
- Referring Inappropriate Behavior.
- Organisational Policy on Equality and Diversity in the Workplace.
- Promoting Equality and Diversity.
- Understanding Individual Difference.
- Diversity and Conflict.